Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pancakes

It's all about the food today.
 
Another new cafe has opened in our area and it's already a favourite place to eat for several members of this family.
Today, Z finished school at lunchtime so we walked to the cafe for lunch. My fruit salad with ricotta and honey was delicious. Z enjoyed her huge sandwich and freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
We really like the relaxed atmosphere and quirky decor of this place and hope it stays put for a long time.



It's Shrove Tuesday, so pancakes galore. When I was a kid, it was always very thin crepe-like pancakes with sugar and lemon juice.
Ours were a bit more elaborate tonight. I made blueberry pancakes which were topped with icecream, maple syrup and berries (or Greek yogurt, honey and berries in my case).




 
I feel like I have eaten a lot  today, but I guess most of it was fairly healthy. I like to kid myself that way.

No comments: