Monday, November 26, 2012

Bargains

 
I purchased these frames at an op-shop quite some time ago and finally put them to use over the weekend.

While looking for something else, I came across my paternal grandmother's old doilies.
I'm reasonably pleased with how this little project turned out.







Today, D and I went op-shopping in search for a computer desk. For the last few months our computer has been sitting on a trestle table but with Christmas fast approaching, we needed to find an alternative to the trestle which will be needed for the festivities.
It was our lucky day as the first op-shop we visited had "Free to a good home" signs on a lot of the furniture including the desk pictured below. It's a good, sturdy desk and a perfect fit in our Study. I'll probably paint over the custard-yellow one day but it will do fine for now.






No comments: