Friday, October 5, 2012

Orchestra












 
 
 
 
 

My sister, C, J and I had the best night at this wonderful concert.
We all adore the "Lord of the Rings" movies and to experience the music performed live was such a treat.
The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (including the orchestra choir) and the National Boys Choir were all amazing. The above photos show the orchestra getting settled prior to the performance.
There were around 300 people up on that stage all working so perfectly together. I have such admiration for their dedication and talent.



Before the show, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at a nearby restaurant, followed by a lovely glass of sparkling wine at Hamer Hall.
C provided our favourite macarons for intermission.


 
Just to add to our enjoyment, Melbourne was looking particularily pretty.
Such a memorable evening.
 

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad you all had a wonderful time. Thank you for the photographs - they took me along for the ride.

Anonymous said...

That guy is so hot. I think you're a bit creepy taking more than one photo though : )

C

librarygirl said...

oh that was so much fun!
gondor has no king
gondor needs no king

etc

C: I see your new "boyfriend" featuring in the photos.thanks for the macarons x