Monday, April 23, 2012

Hexagons





I've been making these hexagon flowers for ages so today I decided to play around with them and try to figure out what the end product will actually be. No conclusion has been reached as yet but I have a couple of ideas.
I filled in the morning with this activity and also reading fifty pages of my current book. After lunch, I should have been doing a few neglected chores, but instead I sat down in front of the computer intending to lazily pass the afternoon on the internet. I had barely begun when the power went out - for nearly two hours. I think the universe was trying to tell me something.
So much for my lazy afternoon. The neglected chores were done after all. I managed to sort and put away three loads of dry washing, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen and one bathroom, tidied lounge, family and laundry rooms, emptied waste paper bins and recyclying bin. I had just finished all this and was wondering what else could be done without electricity, when the power came back on. Of course, by then the kids were home and dinner had to be started. Hmmm.....

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I have a very heavy velvet bedspread made by my mother in hexagon flowers. It is way too heavy and lives on the spare room bed. Yours look lighter and much more useable.