Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Playing

Some days I'm filled with a child-like delight when I remember that I have my own little house that I am free to decorate and re-arrange however I like. I'm very lucky to have a husband who doesn't mind what I do as long as I don't interfere with his room. (By which I mean his recently constructed room which houses the family DVD collection, big screen TV, bar fridge ( ie. full-sized fridge), footy memorabillia and all the other bits and pieces that I don't want anywhere else in the house. )
So today, being my only day off work this week, I played house. I had fun rearranging a few odds and ends, whipped up a little tablecloth for the phone table ( a necessity to hide all the unattractive cables, cords etc.), and found homes for a few books.










Our living room is appropriately decorated for summer at the moment - lots of floral patterns, creamy white, pale blue and green.
When autumn arrives,  the warm red and earthy colours will come out of storage.


Now I'm off to make some Blueberry Muffins for when my one remaining school child gets home. Then I might play some more.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Wow. A woman of talent. Much talent.