Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflections

I think the last couple of days of the year are a time of contemplation for most people. We think about what we have achieved in the past twelve months and what we hope to achieve in the coming year.

Thankfully, this has been a peaceful, fairly uneventful year for our family after two very difficult years.

The only excitement involved five out of six of us embarking upon overseas trips which was very, very exciting and that story deserves a blog post (or several) of its own.

So, during my peaceful year, I did a little bit of sewing. I don't claim to be great at sewing - I'm always in too much of a hurry to see a project completed to do it perfectly. However, I find it quite relaxing and always enjoy seeing the finished product. The final sewing project tally for 2011 : three tablecloths, four cushions, a couch throw and a quilt cover ( the last of these pictured in a previous post)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With the exception of the first tablecloth pictured above, all were hand-sewn. Well, the patchworking was done by hand-  all backing and seams were machine-sewn. I'm not that dedicated.

Some knitting was also undertaken.

 C and I enjoyed a winter "X-Files" rewatch. From June until September we watched most episodes of the nine seasons of  my all-time favourite science fiction show. While watching this, I knitted colourful squares. This was the only time I knitted and my plan was for the resulting blanket to be whatever size it happened to be when we finished watching the show. The completed blanket almost covers the top of my queen size bed.

All in all I'm fairly satisfied with my little achievements this year.

2 comments:

librarygirl said...

Lordy, so productive despite the many work hours you have and twice the number of young'uns. All the sewing is divine.

Elephant's Child said...

I'm with librarygirl. I particularly like the toning green tablecloth. Beautiful.