Saturday, November 17, 2012

Barbies

I have to admit I'm not doing very well at getting rid of stuff in our storage area. Not when I keep coming across boxes filled with happy memories.
Today, I sorted through all the Barbies and their clothes. A selection are pictured here - including Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz" and Posh Spice. All are dressed in the outfits in which they were last played with many years ago.





Sequin covered bridal extravaganza.

My girls loved their Barbies and had many long and involved games with them.

 Here are my sister and I (in a terribly over-exposed photo!) with our Barbie collection.
(The best thing about this photo is our little brother photobombing. Hilarious!)

I treated myself to the Barbie pictured above a couple of years ago as it's almost the same as the first Barbie I ever had (and still have). She remains in her original box, although I've been sorely tempted to take her out and dress her in that glorious peach satin outfit.
There is still one Barbie I would love to own- the Grace Kelly "Rear Window" one pictured below.
Hint, hint to any of my children who may be reading here!
 
 

No comments: