Thursday, September 13, 2012

Domesticity


Something came over me this week and I BAKED. Everyone was pleased.
I made Honey Muesli Bars and Chewy Chocolate Slice from this cookbook:

I've made the muesli slice before with much success. The chocolate one is similar to a couple of other recipes I've had for years.
Every crumb of both slices was gone within 24 hours.

***

Non-working days this week have been spent outside whenever possible. We now have a green waste bin  which is collected fortnightly so there's no excuse for not keeping up with the weeding, raking and pruning.
Plenty to look at in the garden at this time of year.
Last pink blossom - growing out of the tree trunk?


First intoxicating jasmine flowers.


Wisteria buds.

Perfect lavender

 After a couple of hours in the garden, I could justify eating more of this slice.
No, the children weren't the only ones responsible for polishing it off so quickly.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I am very, very jealous of your green waste bin.
Could we have the recipes for those delightful looking slices? Please.