Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bright

Yesterday, before the weather here took a decided turn for the worse, I went for a bird observing walk. Sometimes, I just walk and serendipitously come across photo-worthy sights. Other days, I deliberately set out looking for one specific thing - usually birds. This does require a fair amount of patience and a lot of standing quietly so as not to scare off the photo subjects. Some days I'm luckier than others. I would consider yesterday a reasonably lucky day.
Now that most of  the lovely Autumn leaves have blown away, our colourful native birds have kindly decided to decorate the bare trees.




















 
*****
Edited to add these photos which were accidentally deleted.
All were taken between 7 and 7.30 am.
A truly breathtaking winter sunrise.
 
 




















 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous birds! Of the parrot variety, round these parts I only see lorikeets (cockys, corellas and galahs). Eastern Rosellas if I go a bit out of town.