Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rewarding

Every time I'm out walking, I'm always on the look-out for that one little thing that makes the whole walking experience worthwhile (apart from the obvious health benefits of course). There is always something - it could be a single autumn leaf drifting down onto the path right in front of me, a bird on an overhead wire or a tiny living creature going about it's business. I love the anticipation of not knowing what I will see next and I am never disappointed. Seemingly insignificant things give me great pleasure.



***
Finally got around to watching the last two 1939 movies in my rewatch. 
"The Wizard of Oz" is the absolute definition of a timeless classic. A near-perfect movie that should never, ever be remade. As a rule, I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I adore this one. My very favourite moment is when the movie changes from sepia to fabulous colour. Magical.





"Gone With the Wind" required a two night viewing commitment due to its extreme length. I recall an intermission being necessary when I first saw this at the cinema with my mum and sister back in the '70's when it was re-released. Over the years, I have watched it many times, but never quite realised until now, exactly how disfunctional the relationship between Scarlett and Rhett actually was. However, this realisation just made it all the more interesting to watch. Such intriguing, complicated characters and such an epic production.
 This moment was significant for being in the less-than-10-minute portion of the movie where the characters were actually happy together.


Love the exquisite Vivien Leigh for whom I have long had a major girl crush!

And Clark Gable was not too bad either.



1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I love it when you take us on one of your walks. Thankyou. The bee and the butterfly in particular this time.