Thursday, March 8, 2012

Celebration

Birthday celebrations for C began on Tuesday night, but before this, we paid a visit to her new home.
Love her '70's kitchen.
C's new place is cosy, but with plenty of space for C and her flat mate. The surrounding neighbourhood is just lovely. We stopped at a local cafe and enjoyed the restful atmosphere of the area.
After returning to the city, we did a little bit of shopping and then ate a light meal .

One of C's birthday presents was tickets for the two of us to see Jamie Oliver.
Here he is with Matt Preston . I was too far away to get a decent photo on the night. This image is from here.
He was wonderful to listen to - so passionate about his various causes.
Poor C. Most of her birthday was spent packing. Here's our last kitty, Tiger-Jane, watching over the proceedings.

 C, J and I did manage to squeeze in a lovely lunch break.



 And we all enjoyed the Birthday Dessert.
For the last few years, the kids have asked for their favourite dessert as their birthday cake. C always has this New York Baked Cheesecake. This concoction is definitely not for the faint-hearted with 750 grams of cream cheese, a cup of sugar, and 3/4 cup of sour cream included in the ingredients.
It is so sinfully, deliciously good!
 

Today, C left early to wait for the removalists at her new apartment and I was left with this sad sight.

I arrived home from work this afternoon to find that my beautiful, thoughtful girl had sent me these divine flowers. The card read "To Mum, Thank you".
I think my reaction to this is not difficult to imagine.


2 comments:

librarygirl said...

ooooh
beginnings are good times
xxx

Elephant's Child said...

I assume you wept. Tears certainly sprang to my sentimental eyes. What a lovely gesture.