Trying to decide if I prefer C's old room looking like this.
Or like this.
Lest it be assumed that I spend my days off work lying around and relaxing, today I have made a list of my "achievements" since Sunday.
- Cleaned and tidied the house (usual stuff - vacuuming, mopping, wiping down surfaces etc)
- Sorted and reorganised the pantry. Threw out a few expired items.
- Ironed work clothes (mine only - everyone else fends for themselves re ironing)
- Washed, dried, sorted TOO MANY LOADS OF WASHING TO COUNT. Where, for the love of God, does it all come from?!
- Emptied, sorted and cleaned the main kitchen cupboard - the one where the everyday dishes are kept.
- Briefly opened all the other kitchen cupboard doors and decided that they'll do for now and closed them again.
- Cleaned out one fridge and two freezers. Threw out a couple of unidentifiable frozen items.
- Made a shopping list as the clean fridge, freezers and pantry looked a little bare.
- Went shopping.
- Sorted out the crate that holds all the plastic storage containers. Matched up all containers and lids and was left with only one random lidless item.
- Baked biscuits for family.
- Helped Z revise Legal Studies questions for an upcoming test.
- Made final payment for Deb dress and made appointment for final fitting.
- Sewed buttons on a dress and repaired hem on a pair of J's pants.
- Sorted out a Centrelink issue
- Varied our Farmers Direct order for this week.
- Planned meals for the week. Prepared meals for the week so far.
- Attempted to fix Z's broken DVD player. Unsuccessful. Fiddled around for ages trying to get another DVD player to work. Unsuccessful.
- Updated my Ipod. Deleted some songs and added a few new ones suggested by E and Z.
- Loaded several garbage bags full of stuff into the car in readiness for a trip to a charity bin.
Lastly, we like that this smoochy cat is spending more time with the family instead of hiding away somewhere. TJ adores E and won't leave her alone. Very cute.