Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Serendipity

The past ten days have simply flown by and tomorrow it's back to work, with a full-on nine hour shift.
I don't think I achieved as much as I hoped I would on my time off, but I did spend plenty of time relaxing and I suppose that's what a holiday is all about.
Today, I had the depressing job of outlaying exhorbitant amounts of money on bills - credit card, utilities, phone. I had to go to a bank that I don't usually frequent, and on the way, discovered a new homewares shop. This was an unexpected delight. I love browsing in this type of shop and getting inspired for new decorating ideas.
I couldn't resist purchasing a couple of completely unnecessary but very pretty items:
  • Raspberry and Honey scented tea light candles pictured above.

  • These antique-looking keys

  • Bunches of artificial raspberries.

  • This blue-green hued bottle.

I then visited a few op-shops which all seemed to be overflowing with harrassed looking mums and kids who clearly need to be back at school.
Struck it lucky in one op-shop where I found three Eloise Wilkin illustrated Little Golden Books to add to my collection.
Outside now, for a little more Vitamin D, some reading, and to enjoy the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Sounds like a day full of success in bill paying endeavours followed by op shop rewards. Those raspberries look nearly good enough to eat.