C was in the mood to cook today and we all enjoyed her efforts immensely.
- Waffles for breakfast. Made with the new waffle machine that arrived in our house at Christmas.
- Roasted vegetable and fetta Turkish bread sandwiches for lunch.( Not pictured- eaten too quickly and enthusiastically.)
- C's version of Nigella Lawson's "Massacre in a Snowstorm" (Meringue nests, cream, pomegranate). Delicious afternoon tea.
- Chicken Pilaf for dinner. Had to go back for a second helping of this. So good.
- My contribution to this feast day: an apricot pie for dessert. Pretty tasty even if I do say so myself
I think I need to go on a long, long walk tomorrow.
|Pomegranates are really quite fascinating.|